Wednesday, June 29, 2011

side table diy



I've been working on this table project for a couple of weeks and I'm quite pleased at how it turned out. I with I had a before picture as it started out as a ratty old thing painted pitch black with plaka paint. I wanted to throw it out, but I desperately needed a side table for our new and improved spare room and I thought there must be something I can do with it.

So I got to work sanding it, painting it (which took about 3 weeks because it wouldn't stop raining here long enough for me to give it a second coat) and decorating it with silver leaves. I'm chuffed at how it turned out and it matches the new colour scheme so well.

Now, what to paint next ... :)

2 comments:

  1. Love the silver leaf - it matches the lovely decor in the room perfectly.

    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks D
    I didn't quite realise how well it match until I put it in there, but I'm very happy with how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete