Sunday, January 29, 2012

5 years together!



Yesterday was Rudi and my 5 year dating anniversary. After getting married we haven't really celebrated this date much, but half a decade together felt very specially and we just had to do something. We agreed that we would get each other presents, but would combine our dating and wedding anniversary into one so that we could get something a little more pricey, but not spend a big amount on each anniversary. And so you see above what we got each other. Once again fossil was the place to go. I really am obsessed with them! I bought Rudi a stunning watch and he got me a beautiful bracelet and a leather iPad case which I'm now using as a clutch.

After a relaxing breakfast in bed and opening pressies we headed off to Steenburg wine estate for lunch at Sixteen82.


It was spectacular! The food was amazing, the setting was gorgeous and it was such a great treat. I had their  Sauteed Potato Gnocchi with Basil Anglaise, Puglia mozzarella and panzanella and Rudi had the Port Neck Steak with Fondant potato, fennel puree, roast onions and green peppercorn sauce. We rounded it off with Morello Black Forrest Plate. It was a little bit pricey, but not as much as we thought it was going to be and totally worth it. They'll be seeing us again soon.

The rest of the day was just spent driving around Constantia, looking at some of the wine farms, and then lazing around at home.

So, I'm going to get a bit soppy now 'cause I know my wonderfully hubby reads my blog religiously.

I love you so much and couldn't wish for someone else better suited to me. You make my world a wonderful place to live in and I love being able to share this special journey with you. Thanks for an amazing 5 years and here's to another 50 (and more...) xxx

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations you two! It is SO nice to see some photo's of YOU for a change on your blog. :)
    And I absolutely ADORE your IPAD cover! (good choice Rudi)
    May you have many more happy years together.

    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks D :)

    I'm a bit camera shy so I don't usually like pics of myself, but these didn't come out too badly :)

    ReplyDelete