Monday, March 29, 2010

yummy roast chicken



Last night I finally made something I've been dying to try for so long now... a good old roast chicken. Yes, I know, why have I waited so long, it's really not rocket science to cook a chicken, but it was just one of those dishes I've been intimidated to try. So I thought "Enough is enough", asked everyone I know how they do theirs and went for it. I use my friend Samara's recipe. You simply mix some fresh herbs (rosemary, basil, basically whatever you have at hand) into some butter, part the skin from the breasts and stuff that in there. I also halved a lemon and put it into the cavity with some more rosemary and then just cooked it in the oven for 1 hour 15 minutes.

I am proud to say that it came out great and I will definitely be doing it again soon. The image in this post isn't our chicken as we devoured it before I'd even thought to take a picture :)

No comments:

Post a Comment