Sunday, January 10, 2010

Three months to go!

Engagement Shoot

I can't believe the time has flown by so fast. In 3 months time I will be walking down the aisle, in my beautiful wedding dress, towards the most amazing guy in the world, to become Mrs van der Walt *jumps around with excitement*. When Rudi and I got engaged last December (22 December 2008), it felt as if the time couldn't go by fast enough... and now the wedding is just around the corner.

There is still quite a bit to do, but I've got most of the important stuff done.

The Venue: The Royal Hotel in Riebeek Kasteel

The Royal Hotel

This is such a quirky and unusual venue and it suites Rudi and my personalities down to the ground. We want a relaxed, informal and fun wedding and the Royal is exactly the place to have it. We looked at a lot of wine farms in the Stellenbosch/Paarl/Franschoek area and we saw some stunning places (Rickety Bridge in Franschoek was amazing), but we loved the feel of Riebeek Kasteel, and because my mom and dad will shortly be moving there, it felt a little bit more personal to us.

Our Photographer: The wonderful Lizelle Lotter
She took the photo at the beginning of this post and she is just so good. You really need to check out her website www.lizellelotter.co.za

My Dress: A spectacular creation from The Wedding Box
I'd love to post a pic of it here, but that would be giving away the surprise. I can't wait to try it on again. I ordered it last October and it should be arriving this month. Then all that has to happen is the final fitting and I'm sorted.

The Shoes: Gorgeous fuchsia pink numbers
Anyone who knows me will know what a shoe fanatic I am, so the shoes where a very important part for me. I'm loving how wedding shoes don't need to be white anymore and a splash of colour can really bring something extra to your look. I actually found 2 pairs of shoes that I loved, but the first pair where stilettos and made me about half a head taller than Rudi and they weren't practical at all. So I hunted for a lower pair and found the most gorgeous wedges. And aren't these stunning...

Shoes

The Honeymoon: Thailand

phi-phi-thailand

Our honeymoon is booked and paid for and Rudi and I are both so excited. I've been dying to go travel and this was the perfect opportunity. We'll be in Phuket for 2 days and then at for 8. We're planning to do as much as possible and go see all the islands that we can. I'm also looking really forward to snorkelling in that warm water.

I don't want to give too much else away, so I'll have to restrain myself from posting anything else now. The only other major things we need to sort out are the decor and flowers. I'm working with two wonderful coordinators from We Do Weddings and they will be handling the rest of the logistics. I can't wait to see what they come up with and I'm looking so forward to going for my hair and make-up trial run. Ooh, it's all so exciting.

But all the fun and excitement of planning the wedding isn't the most important aspect of our big day. What makes me grin from ear to ear and want to bust into tears of happiness is the fact that I will be standing up in front of all the people who mean so much in my life and declaring my eternal love and devotion to this wonderful man, who has made the last 3 years of my life so special and has filled them with such joy, love and laughter. I can't wait to say "I do" and start the rest of my life with him.

Rudi, you are the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. I adore you.

1 comment: