Sunday, January 17, 2010

Weekend Overview

Our little Plants

Friday night Rudi and I just stayed in, ordered take-aways (sushi, yum yum) and watched Knowing (strange movie). It was a busy week, so we just took it easy.

Saturday morning while Rudi was playing games (Dragon Age is his new fav) I watched Marley & Me (I cried my eyes out at the end. I'm such a sucker when it comes to animals). Rudi and I have a standing Saturday tradition that I rent a chick flick and he gets to play games. Everyone's happy.

We also watered and checked on our little planties (top images). Rudi planted them last week for me (they're Merry Golds) so that when they're finally fully grown he can pick flowers out of our own garden for me. He's very proud of them :)

Cape Quarters - door

Saturday afternoon we drove into Cape Town to go explore the Cape Quarters and take some photos.

Cape Quarters Colours
{Colourful Houses}

Cape Quarters - shop

Cape Quarters - Shops
{Interesting Shops}

Cape Quarters - Bath
{Beautiful Stuff}

I very much want a bathtub like this in our house one day.

While walking around we went into an art gallery and I and I discovered a great artist - Alex Hamilton. I would love to buy one of his works, but they're, like a lot of things, are a bit out of my budget at the moment. One day maybe.

alex-hamilton1
{3 of Alex Hamilton's works}

alex-hamilton3
{Love this - it's called AFROHEIDI}

alex-hamilton2
{Mandala}

I saw these in the gallery and instantly wanted them. They are based on the Buddhist and Hindu Mandala - a from of sandpainting used to "to access progressively deeper levels of the unconscious, ultimately assisting the meditator to experience a mystical sense of oneness with the ultimate unity from which the cosmos in all its manifold forms arises."

Rudi bought me this adorable little thing.

Solar Baby

It's called a Solar Baby and it bobs it's head from side to side when it's put in the sun (it's got a little solar panel on it's back that powers it).

After we'd walked around for a while we decided to take a drive around Camps Bay to ogle all the mansions and then we headed home.

Today we just lazed around the house. Rudi had to work a bit so I started reading 'Dead Until Dark", the book the 1st season of True Blood is based on. I really enjoy the series and, even though I did enjoy the Twilight books, I prefer Sookie and Bill. I've only read the first couple of chapters, but it's pretty much the same as the series so far. I'm going to see if I can hunt down the rest of the  books.

We then went for a relaxing walk on the beach (I love that we can do this whenever we feel like) and now I'm going to make some super and chill. It was a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment